Friday, August 2, 2013

Some repeats

For several years I blogged on a site called Rebuilding Ancient Ruins.  For the past year and a half I took down that blog due to a very difficult and painful season in my life.  Words would not come and thoughts were only cohesive for my private journal between God and myself.   

I praise Him today for the season, for out of it came growth and a deeper realization of purpose and where my heart needs to focus.  Over the coarse of the next week I will be re-posting some of my favorite thoughts from that blog onto this new one and rewriting and updating my testimony.

Our God truly is an amazing God and nothing we ever go through is in vain.  He can use it all if we give it to Him.  Even the hardest things can be used for His glory and in the painful circumstances and trials He is never far away.  He walks with us in the midst of the storm, and I praise Him that He loves us enough to allow us to ask why when we don't understand.  Life can throw us some curve balls that we don't expect; we think we have everything all planned out, but really we are here only to fulfill His plan.

He reminds us,

A man's heart plans his way, but the LORD determines his steps.  
Proverbs 16:9, HCSB

I am choosing His path, even when I don't understand, because on the other side of hard circumstances and trials there is glory!  I look forward to sharing some of my favorite thoughts with you in the upcoming days. 

Living Free,
Brandee

No comments:

Post a Comment